Don’t recognize the people in the latest DM celebrity video? They’re Detroit Tigers starting pitcher Rick Porcello and Billboard-topping country act Eli Young Band. Both are longtime supporters of Team Joseph. Here are five other facts about them.
1. The members of the Eli Young Band met while they were students at the University of North Texas in Denton, Tex.
2. Eli Young Band’s single “Crazy Girl,” from their album Life at Best, won an ACM Award for Song of the Year in 2011.
3. Porcello was named American League Rookie of the Month in May 2009 and Tigers Rookie of the Year for 2009.
4. Porcello is the maternal grandson of Sam Dente, who played in the 1954 World Series.
5. When the Tigers acquired Torii Hunter, who wears the same jersey number as Porcello, Hunter asked Porcello if he could pay him for the right to wear number 48. Portello instead asked him to donate money to victims of Hurricane Sandy.