Dancers got their fix of The Today Show not at 7 a.m., but 10 p.m. when its hosts Al Roker, Savannah Guthrie and Willie Geist appeared on screen as Block 2's guest celebrities. Here are five fun facts about America's favorite morning news trio.
- Al Roker hates running. But he likes pie. A real quote: “I run so I can eat pie.”
- Roker’s first car was a 1963 Dodge Dart with a push button automatic transmission. It was given to him from the man whose yard he had mowed all through high school.
- Savannah Guthrie is afraid of frogs. Ellen Degeneres teased her with a real live frog when Guthrie appeared on her show. A lot of screaming was involved.
- Willie Geist’s middle-school style involved floral surfer shorts and turquoise high-tops, the “Key West vibe.” He met his future wife in sixth-grade homeroom.
- Geist’s father has Parkinson’s disease. The two wrote a book titled Good Talk, Dad, a humorous but also heartfelt collection of stories of their relationship.