As far as cheap vices go, coffee is right up there with sex. But coffee requires a little more equipment than fornication (usually). Build your coffee starter’s kit with Evanston’s finest caffeinated products.
- 8-cup French Press ($16.99, Cost Plus World Market) “French press” sounds like a sex position, but this contraption is actually the easiest way to brew the best-tasting tea or coffee.
- Torani Peppermint Syrup ($6.99, Cost Plus World Market) Make holiday lattes last all year long.
- Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate ($4.99, Whole Foods) For a mocha, add a half cup french press coffee, half cup milk, 3 or 4 tablespoons of ground chocolate and sugar to taste.
- Bodum milk frother ($24.99, Cost Plus World Market) With one of these, your mouth will be frothing, too. Use it in our mocha recipe for extra creaminess.
- Capresso Cool Touch Coffee Grinder ($19.99, Cost Plus World Market) Grind your own joe tomorrow morning and thank us later.
- Mug ($6.99, Cost Plus World Market) The ideal shape for latte art and pinky-out sipping.
- Nissan Spill Resistant Tumbler ($24.00, Peet’s Coffee & Tea) Drinking from the attached cup takes the edge off a 9 a.m. discussion section.
- Spoon ($3.99, Cost Plus World Market) Better than the flatware stolen from Allison.