Thanksgiving is right around the bend, and as it approaches, the stress levels all around campus seem to be rising off the charts. With midterms, papers, and even finals looming above our heads, Thanksgiving break seems like the welcome respite we’ve all been waiting for. As this hectic week comes to a close, grab your friends and throw a small Thanksgiving party in celebration of a break much needed!
As dorms are not very conducive to cooking or baking of any sort, a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is perfect for the situation and just as wonderful as a traditional baked cheesecake. Pair it with a pumpkin spice latte, and your dorm Thanksgiving celebration can be both delicious and homey.
No-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 Pie Crust
- Add the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla extract, and the pumpkin spice into a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Add 2½ cups of the Cool Whip, saving the rest of the Cool Whip for garnish, and stir once again until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the piecrust.
- Stick the pie in the fridge for at least three hours.
- After it has chilled, go ahead and top the cake with the left over Cool Whip.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
This recipe makes three lattes
- 3 cups hot milk
- 4 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 ounces double-strength brewed coffee
- Whipped cream
- While you are brewing the coffee, heat the milk over medium heat until the milk at the sides of the pot begins to bubble.
- Add the coffee, milk, extract, sugar and spice all into the mug and stir a couple times to make sure everything has combined.
- Top the drink off with some whipped cream and sprinkle on some left over spice.