Ready to blow off some steam — literally? Get grilling. Nothing says “summer” like barbecues, beers and buddies. And nothing says “summer in Evanston” like grilling with these barbecue essentials:
1. Element Grill by Fuego ($449, ElementbyFuego.com) With this fire, you’ll forget there are another three elements. It’s a steep investment, but fall tailgating just might make it worth it.
2. 3-PC Barbeque Tool Set with Oven Mitt ($14.99, Cost Plus World Market) Tongs. Turner. Fork. Oven mitt. Burn-free hands.
3. Nonstick Grill Topper ($7.99, Cost Plus World Market) No rusty grate “skid” marks.
4. Pigtail Food Flipper ($12.99, Cost Plus World Market) Grab your meat by the horns—or pigtail.
5. Barbecue! Bible: Sauces, Rubs and Marinades; Bastes, Butters and Glazes ($8.99, Barnes & Noble) When lost on the grill, the Bible’s always there to lead you back in the right direction.
6. Bronco Bob’s Grilling Sauce ($5.99, Cost Plus World Market) What’s life without some spice?
7. Ace Charcoal Lighter Fluid ($2.99, Lemoi Ace Hardware) Come on baby, light my fire.
8. Outdoor Dinnerware ($2.99-12.99, Cost Plus World Market) Mimic your mom’s outdoor domestic goddess. You can say we told you to.