We’ve just entered my favorite week of the quarter: the period right after midterms and before reading week, when there is a lull in classes. I can think of a lot of things Northwestern students will be doing this week to fill the time they would have set aside for studying, and one of those things is… gettin’ it on. Yes, in the words of George Michael, “sex is natural, sex is good, not everybody does it, but everybody should.” One thing George Michael forgot to mention, though: sex makes you hungry. So I present to you three snacks to keep you satisfied after coital bliss.
Mocha madness parfait sundaes
My friend once told me that he has to have ice cream after every time he has sex. He swore that ice cream tasted infinitely better that way. Now, I’m not sure if ice cream tastes that much better for everyone after sex, but it’s worth a shot, right? And with this caffeinated version, you’ll have the energy to get back at it after you finish your sweet treat.
What you’ll need:
- 8 Oreos, or similar
- 4 large scoops coffee ice cream (I recommend buying one that has chocolate chips in it)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate-covered espresso beans
- ½ cup whipped cream, fresh or store-bought
1. Grab two large coffee mugs. Crush two Oreos in each mug, and top each with one large scoop of coffee ice cream. Crush two more Oreos per mug on top of the ice cream, and top with another scoop.
2. Place a large dollop of whipped cream on top of each ice cream mug and sprinkle half of the espresso beans over each mug. Grab spoons and get back to bed to dig in!
Mexican hot chocolate
Figured out the chocolate trend yet? Well, you see, if I don’t fall into a deep slumber after sex, I usually like to indulge my love of chocolate. Not to mention that chocolate is a natural aphrodisiac, so it might even put you in the mood to do it again. So for my last recipe I present to you a sweet-and-spicy drink to sip in bed.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder, optional
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and mini marshmallows, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and cinnamon until simmering. You can add the cayenne pepper or chili powder at this time if you want.
2. Add the chocolate and stir until it is melted. Remove the mixture from heat and add the vanilla.
3. Pour into two large mugs and garnish with mini marshmallows and large dollops of whipped cream.
Frozen mounds bars
Mounds is without a doubt my favorite candy bar. Actually, anything with coconut is pretty damn tasty in my book, and when you combine it with chocolate… well, I am sold.
What you’ll need:
- 2 coconut frozen fruit bars (I personally like the Whole Foods variety the best)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Simmer approximately ½ cup of water in a small saucepan. Place a bowl filled with the chocolate chips on top of the saucepan once the water is simmering. Continue to stir the chocolate chips as they melt and remove from the heat once the chocolate is fully melted.
2. Allow the melted chocolate to cool until it is still fully melted but less hot. Once the chocolate has reached this consistency, remove the coconut bars from their packages and fully coat each bar in chocolate, one at a time. Make sure to do this quickly or else the bars will melt!
3. Place the chocolate-coated bars on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper and place them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so that the chocolate has time to harden. Hmm… wonder what you’ll be doing with those 30 minutes….
I hope these treats find their way into your post-sex rituals. Either way, make the most of this next week. And remember…safe sex!